Skip to main content

Bug with 5A

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Apologies – a small bug bit us in the marker. Fixing it now and will remark later. Hope no-one is too worried.

If you are try submitting again and you should see the correct mark for the new submission, but let us know if there still appears to be a problem.

Harry

I get an error for my 5A submission when I am pretty sure that it is correct …

Kelapa

I have found anther bug to squash. 5A will not allow me to resubmit — when I click “submit”, it cycles for a couple of seconds and then goes back to “submit” as if nothing had happened.

Harry
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know, but that doesn’t look like a problem at our end. Could you clear your browser cache, quit the browser and then log in again to see if the problem clears itself. Let me know by email if you are still having trouble.

All the best,

Harry

Sdr

I’m also having an issue with 5B giving zero score.

Harry
    Keymaster

We give zero for any submission with a high Levenshtein distance from the solution in order to prevent people from fishing for it so probably your submission has a number of errors. You might well be on the right track and have done something odd like attach the cipher text as well as the plain text in your solution, so do take a careful look at it before concluding that you are entirely wrong.

All the best,

Harry

P21oger

Hi, I our team have had a bug with 5B, it says there is a mistake when it makes perfect sense.

Harry
    Keymaster

I nearly missed this because it is posted in a discussion about the bug with 5A, but here we go:

First, both your statements could be true. Your solution could make sense and it could still be wrong.

Second, we can’t check, because the feedback won’t be produced until 23:00 hours tonight

Third, even if we could check, we wouldn’t tell you anything yet, because feedback is delayed until 23:00 hours tonight.

Fourth, it is possible we have made a mistake, but a lot of people seem to have got 100% so far, so that seems less likely!

Good luck!

Harry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.