Skip to main content

” … but your score for part A is not time dependent.”

The Body in My Library Forums Harry’s Meeting Place ” … but your score for part A is not time dependent.”

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    2kmalb18
    Participant

“The number of points you score in part B depends on how early you submit your best attempt, but your score for part A is not time dependent.”, does this apply to Challenge 10? I mean, of course there is a time limit for Part A, it’s when that specific challenge ends and the answers are released, I understand that this rule is so explicit, but do you simply not gain less points if you submit your part A answer 3 days after the challenge, for example? Given you still submit your part B answer far earlier.

brickyboy
    Participant

I assume even part A for 10 isn’t time based. Part A is presented as the more “laid back” half of the competition, and to provide hints for part B for people who want to do part B, and attempt to get points and win. Though feel free to correct me Harry!

[That is exactly right! Whether they are beginners, or casual codebreakers, part A provides something of a challenge without being too hard (we hope) and we are more interested in encouraging people to take part in it than in grading them. Part B however … Harry]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem