Skip to main content

Challenge 7B

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by The_Letter_Wriggler.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    elsueon
    Participant

Are there any hints for challenge 7B? I have done the first part but can’t get anywhere with the second, even using the type of cipher and way of reading that’s mentioned.

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

@alsueon
    What is the lenght of the cipher text ?
    What are the possible divisors ?

sofiabunny
    Participant

I have the right keyword but still cant get past the next part as the text still doesn’t make sense. any more tips Harry? thank you

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

@elsueon (2)
    When you have cut your text in columns, take the first letter of each columns and put them in an in line anagram solver.

sdv_x
    Participant

idk what Harry and the Elves will let through but:

try searching up ciphers (on wikipedia) which frequency matches that of english
    divide text into chunks. number of chunks = key length [this will probably be removed sorry]
    use text editor (e.g. onenote) to move chunks of text around until plaintext emerges

extra hint that probably will also be removed – often, keys have been part of the title

elsueon
    Participant

Length is 560 characters (I think??) and I have checked all factors/divisors. Still can’t get anything that makes any sense!

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

@elsueon
    If I choose 7 as factor (don’t ask me why), and if I cut my cipher text in 7 columns, I have (copy-paste of my program):

colonne 0 AIYNAGKRCTELUOISGAEELLSONOKONSNAAOTOWDSMSEAATOEPNCEDTLVUNTRLIDDTHHEPTEFAIADGOSWR
    colonne 1 EMUIREINMOUSRSGSIEHNYARSRESNORROEDRELEONPESEEHUAEMAIOCRBRMEIISFELTNIRTEYLVAOTTTE
    colonne 2 SROTRNWAOIQIIKNEANTOAETNTTIEOETNTFUNIDFEETMSRTMHEOCDIEEAYECYFIOHESAPECNRLDWDNSII
    colonne 3 LNTGEIOAADSEEBSEDOUASLITRTESROSOSTALEEIAYAGLNYOESOEAROOAMEOSNISGAIAHALNSTECITTEU
    colonne 4 CDRSIWLGMNITEMPENNEDWVUFYLLSNVYRDEEELTRTALODPISSDPRSNTYLASEDEPTRPODNCICBNARNAYHS
    colonne 5 POAALVYLEOARRDILNSSYIIECOADEUEETEAPADSAPBREPOLSTIFLECCIVERSAEDOOCWRSGOOEUENNOCLQ
    colonne 6 EFEESNRRCARDQOSAACRRPLNIEHSTEBEMTERSDNLYATREOTNMERTNELNLAIUITFEENTGIFLISWDENCMSE

Now, take the first letters of each column and search in an anagram solver wich words it gives.
    It is also possible to test the second or third letters to polish your answer.

The_Letter_Wriggler
    Participant

FOR 7B
    HOW TO USE THE FACTORS
    ======================
    The Factors :
    1 2 4 5 7 8 10 14 16 20 <|> 28 35 40 56 70 80 112 140 280 560

Pair the factors like so:

1 560
    2 280
    4 140
    5 112
    7 80
    8 70
    10 56
    14 40
    16 35
    20 28

The first number is the keyword length (that you decide to use)
    the second number is the length of each row.
    So for a 7 letter keyword we need 80 letters per each row

I_am_Sid
    Participant

If Harry allows it the key length is 7

The_Letter_Wriggler
    Participant

Sorry, in my last post I used the word factors it should be divisors.

Sometime us crackers are, well, just crackers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem