Skip to main content

Leader Boards

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by f6exb_the_frenchy.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Mega apologies for the extended delay in publishing the final leader boards this year. You have had to be very patient and we are really sorry for that. Since we are so close now to the prizegiving we would ask you to indulge us just a little longer, as we think it would be appropriate to publish the results on the day of the event itself (Wednesday 28th Feb). You will be able to see your final placing and download your certificates then.

Thank you all. We hope it was worth the wait and that we will see you back here next year.

With our very best wishes,

Harry and Jodie.

Crackerjack
    Participant

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to be at the prize ceremony!

Until next year!

Nihii
    Participant

Woohoo! Joint second for the Little Red Riding Hoods.

Bletchley Park today was great! Exploring the place was incredibly fun and I learned lots of new information that I previously hadn’t known – thanks for the invitation, University of Southampton! It was a pleasure to chat with Professor Graham A. Niblo and the talks with Marcus du Sautoy and Mike were fabulous (and quite enlightening as well – I, personally, did not think that games like Snakes and Ladders had so much mental gymnastics behind them!) Harry was an absolute delight – I loved his poems and hilarious speeches.

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

Hello,
    Will there be a report on the February 28 event?

[What a great idea! I will see what we can do. One of the things we did this year was present a few distinguished service awards, including one for a competitor who goes by the name of F6EXB! If you wanted to email me an address we can get the certificate mailed out to you. Sorry you couldn’t be there to receive it. Harry]

Emily-Jane
    Participant

Another member of the Little Red Riding Hoods here!
    I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who was involved in the National Cipher Challenge this year as well as, anyone who organised yesterday’s event. I understand that running such a huge challenge isn’t easy as well as ensuring the safety of everyone on this site however, every chapter and Thursday/Friday evening spent on it has been a pleasure and has even peaked my interest in cryptography. The speeches and presentations yesterday were both hilarious and informative and I also now have Harry’s poem about falafel stuck in my head as well as, the mathematical concept of Dobble. My team and I will definitely be anxiously waiting for Cipher Challenge 2024 later on in the year, but until then we have our code books to keep us entertained.

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

Hi Harry,
    I have sent you my address, but no news.

Apologies, but we didn’t get the message with the address! Not sure what happened. Can you email me again so we can see if your emails are getting through. As usual the address is

[email protected]

Looking forward to catching up soon.

Harry

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

Sent today
    Thank you

[I am really sorry, I don’t know what is going on, but we don’t seem to be getting your emails. Could you try sending a message to my colleague Prof Graham Niblo? His email is [email protected]. Thank you. Harry]

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

Done

[Well this is very peculiar. That hasn’t come through either! If you are on Twitter you could try messaging me there, @Cipher_Master. Harry]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem