Skip to main content

Questions about the competition

The Body in My Library Forums Harry’s Meeting Place Questions about the competition

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

What is the utility of the ‘Case Files’ tab for this year’s challenge?

[I was wondering about that too! Doesn’t look like we have needed it, at least not yet! I wonder if Jodie is planning to use it for Challenge 10? Let’s find out! Harry]

Encrypt33
    Participant

Are prizes awarded for part A as well as part B or does part A not matter towards the final prizes and medals?

[Prizes and medals are part B only. Glory and fun for part A! Harry]

ElijahGeorgeAntony
    Participant

Dear Harry,
    I was Team Captain of my team, SupersonicCypher but I accidentally gave team captaincy to an account in my team that’s no longer working properly, and that person has a new account. What can we do to fix this problem?

[I need both the original and new captains to email me from a school account with the name of the proposed captain. I need an account on the team that works where you know the login so I can hand over control to that account. Email me at [email protected]. Harry]

Rincewind
    Participant

Out of idle curiosity, how does the process of coming up with the storyline each year go about? The sheer volume of literary/historical references that get included each year constantly astounds me and even with a year of preparation I don’t know if I could come up with anything approaching the quality! Especially since there are constraints around formulating plaintexts to make sure the ciphers are easily solvable.

10_F0X35
    Participant

Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for Challenge 10 next week?

Rhydwen23
    Participant

Excellent challenges again this year – challenges have steadily got more difficult each week.

When setting the questions, how do you judge how difficult each week’s challenge will be? Is that just years’ of experience, or do you use the elves, as guinea pigs, to confirm your thoughts?

[Thank you! (Though you might change your mind about the steadiness of the increase when you see Challenge 10B!) Harry]

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem