Skip to main content

The official Challenge 10 tips and hints thread

The Body in My Library Forums Harry’s Meeting Place The official Challenge 10 tips and hints thread

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

The tenth official hint for Challenge 10B

Harry
    Keymaster

The eleventh official hint for Challenge 10B

VeerCrackzCodez
    Participant

Where do I find the hints

[They are in this forum thread! Should be obvious I hope! Harry]

DecodePra
    Participant

The eighth hint was actually quite helpful, maybe the most.
    Harry, do you think we are going to be invited to Bletchley if we just solved part B now?
    Thank you for this year, really enjoyed every nanosecond of it!

[Congratulations! We haven’t made final decisions about Bletchley yet, but we only have 200 or so tickets so we are not going to be able to invite everyone we would like to. Best wishes, Harry]

CodeKitten
    Participant

I DIIIID IIIIITTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for making such amazing challenges!!!

(all but one of my team abandoned me for 10B :c )

[Rotten lot! Congratulations though, bet that feels good. Happy New Year, Harry]

Harry
    Keymaster

The twelfth official hint for Challenge 10B

Harry
    Keymaster

The thirteenth official hint for Challenge 10B

QuantumSolver1036
    Participant

don’t need to look so far
    just stay within these isles
    the answer’s just ahead
    finishing in style-s

Cribbage
    Participant

Happy New Year to everyone, and thank you, as always, to Harry and the elves for another awesome Cipher Challenge this year. 10B is such a delightful cipher (I loved 9B’s nihilist cipher too).

@CodeKitten
    and @DecodePra: I think you deserve medals for your perseverance in solving 10B!

RL0R_G1RL
    Participant

I finally did it!!! I worked out the bottom right grid before it got completed in the hints but was stuck on the other one for a long time because the “v” wasn’t in the last row, but in the second to last one.
    Thank you for the challenges! They were really fun 😀
    Happy New Year!

Harry
    Keymaster

The final official hint for Challenge 10B

Astralica
    Participant

The end…

Astralica
    Participant

Nice going everyone! To more years of cipher challenges!

madcashmoney
    Participant

Hi Harry! Thank you and everyone else behind the scenes so much for the challenge this year, my teammate and I thoroughly enjoyed the ending and thought the whole thing was incredibly well written!

Out of curiosity, if we were to be invited to Bletchley Park, when do you think we could expect to hear about it? I understand administration, especially with such a large competition, takes a great deal of time, but it would be great to know when to expect an invitation so that we don’t have our hopes up for too long.

[We hope to be contacting people about this in the next week or so. Sorry this takes a while, but we need to work through a long check list! Really glad you liked the story. Happy New Year, Harry]

henry
    Participant

Hi Harry! We are able to get the final certificates. However, I believe there is an error since the scores do not show up. Thank you for the challenges this (last) year and happy new year!

[Not an error! We haven’t checked and finalised scores for the final round or the leaderboards yet. All the best, Harry]

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem