Skip to main content

The story

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 52 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by traingirl.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Have your own theories about what is going on and want to discuss them? Want to publish your own precis of last year’s story for everyone to read? If so, this is the place to do it.

heart-styx
    Participant

Me and my team think that the vault was tunneled into by the group that made the tunnels in the lighthouse. Since they had the power to remove all the computers and machinery I’m sure they could cover the tunnel back over and remove any evidence. But if you want to disprove us please do!

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

Sometimes I like to imagine that the ‘story’ isn’t a ‘story’ and is really someone reminiscing about their past. Would certainly be interesting…

madness
    Participant

The FBI lied to a judge and got a warrant to seize everything in the vault.

[I will post this since the thread is intended for idle speculation, but don’t intend to curate a social political commentary thread! Harry]

loa2er
    Participant

Hmm the case file is interesting with the 9 Chinese characters. Maybe they will help on the next few weeks.
    (and also relatively easy to work out since I can speak Chinese)

Millie
    Participant

one-way
    one flight
    One of a kind

TaroTodorokiSasaki
    Participant

Hey, what if the vault was empty from the start?

f6exb
    Participant

I don’t speak or read chinese but I have deciphered these characters.

madness
    Participant

Then surely you must have noticed that there are only two distinct characters.

Birdie
    Participant

Being new to this competition this year, can anyone please outline the story last year? I’m really curious about it. Looking through the archives it seemed Harry and Jodie are the main characters right?

cribbage
    Participant

I am really enjoying the additional mysteries on top of (or within!) the coded messages and also in the Case Files in this year’s Cipher Challenge. I think this week that we have been spoilt! Not sure if I have got this right, but with regards to these extra elements, I am very

壹 零 壹
    壹 壹 壹
    零 壹 零 !

madness
    Participant

Obviously, when the head teller goes in to unlock the vault in the morning, he moves things from one box to another. Then his accomplice comes to the bank, signs in, and removes the stolen things from his/her own box. Classic bank-heist strategy.

f6exb
    Participant

Ms Franck told Jade that the vault door was closed on Friday, for the week-end.
    Later, somebody said that the chief teller closed the vault the night before the problem.
    But the night before, Monday 06/20/2022, was holiday bank in USA (juneteenth).
    What about it ?

The-Letter-Wriggler
    Participant

I think we can look forward to a 6,867 letter message encoded in binary

The-Letter-Wriggler
    Participant

Oops! maybe that should be 2,289 binary numbers in code. Pure speculation of course!
    No no just forget it – maybe the code will come from just the boxes on that list – a binary to decimal code sometime though, me thinks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem