Skip to main content

The official Challenge 9B hints thread

The Body in My Library Forums Harry’s Meeting Place The official Challenge 9B hints thread

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Dvorak
    Participant

Thanks Harry and team for a great challenge!

At first I thought the punctuation in the 9B tip meant nothing, but now I realise it means nothing!

Apologies to anyone stuck on it, this hint will give you nought help.

xjbifx_t
    Participant

I think there’s a grammar error in the hint (the comma between ‘here’ and ‘that’ in the first sentence shouldn’t be there). Is it deliberate, or am I reading too much into it??

I_am_Sid
    Participant

Special mention to my latin teacher for teaching how to identify this cipher. Yet, I am absolutely befuddled with the keyword and certain geometric shape that could be involved. Are the word(s) involved in cracking this conundrum previously mentioned characters and would decoding challenge 9A first assist in breaking this piece of anti-Tzarist cryptography?

madness
    Participant

You will get nothing from me. NOTHING!

bridges
    Participant

“Nothing” to go on: There is “nothing” here! That, you haven’t seen before. (Some Latin needed)

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

Non, rien de rien,
    Non, je ne regrette rien
    ♪♫ ♫♫♪♪♫

Thank you very much @silvia for this hint.

The_Pi-thon_Person
    Participant

I am so stuck on the first part of this cipher! Please, are there any other hints anyone can give? I know what cipher the second encryption is and how to solve it and even the keyword but i can’t figure out how to get the numbers to letters. And how does 007 come into this!? Any help really appreciated would really really like to be able to solve it.

[I think the reference to Bond is from a real fan. Harry]

f6exb_the_frenchy
    Participant

It’s already too much.

sofiabunny
    Participant

Luckily we love latin too – thanks for the hint!

The_Pi-thon_Person
    Participant

I think i know the type of cipher and keyword but the type of cipher i think it is doesnt contain all the numbers in the code. Im so stuck and I desperately want to solve it before the end of wednesday. Please Harry or anyone else are there any other clues or hints or help that you can give?

The_Pi-thon_Person
    Participant

ok so i know the cipher, but how and where do I find the key!?

NoahWhelan123
    Participant

Is it a Nihilist cipher maybe?

_Kao_
    Participant

I think it’s a Nihilist Cipher But I don’t know the Polybius square and the Key.

RL0R_G1RL
    Participant

Is it the nihilist cipher?
    If it is, how do I find the code word?

AspiringPenguin3
    Participant

I have cracked nothing – a hint on the next step please?

[Your wish is my command! I have just published some more hints from our wonderful competitors. Harry]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Report a problem